January 20th
It was a fairly interesting week. Julia started getting sick last Sunday (cough, congestion, etc.) so I took her to Tiny Tots on Monday. It was determined that she had a common viral infection so they gave her two shots....an antibiotic and the other was a steroid to help open her airways. They warned us that PJ might be a little hyper. Lord that was an understatement. She spent the rest of the evening crawling, banging things, babbling, etc. Poor kid couldn't sit still which didn't help her breathing. By Wednesday I didn't feel like there was any improvement so we took her back to see Dr. Suterwala. He said she had a head cold (PJ was so clogged that she was breathing through her mouth. Her lips were so chapped.). We have been so protective since she's been home and this is her first cold. Dr. Suterwala was impressed but said that is why the cold hit her a little harder. As of yesterday, Julia was all smiles and her usual playful self. This is amazing: two weeks ago PJ at her one year checkup she weighed 17lbs 8oz. During that checkup we decided to switch her formula from Neocate to Pepteman Jr. which is quite a bit thicker. When I took her to the doctor on Monday, she had gained 11oz! Bobbie was so impressed that she asked the nutritionist to put Hallie on something similar.
Later that day we took a trip to see the GI specialist. He told us that PJ had what's called "Toddler Diarrhea." Very common and nothing to be alarmed about. It would go away on its own. I like her doctor (Dr. An). He's very laid back and funny. When we were discussing how to prevent a severe diaper rash he referred to Desitin as "butt paste." Yes, I know there is such a thing w/that name but it was funny to hear a doctor say butt paste. My first thought was a Bevis & Butthead impression and I was tempted to say "huhu, you said butt." I know, very mature but that's just me...silly and goofy.
Julia has a second tooth coming in. I know this for a fact because I had teeth marks on my finger.
Later that day we took a trip to see the GI specialist. He told us that PJ had what's called "Toddler Diarrhea." Very common and nothing to be alarmed about. It would go away on its own. I like her doctor (Dr. An). He's very laid back and funny. When we were discussing how to prevent a severe diaper rash he referred to Desitin as "butt paste." Yes, I know there is such a thing w/that name but it was funny to hear a doctor say butt paste. My first thought was a Bevis & Butthead impression and I was tempted to say "huhu, you said butt." I know, very mature but that's just me...silly and goofy.
Julia has a second tooth coming in. I know this for a fact because I had teeth marks on my finger.
1 Comments:
At 2:27 PM, January 20, 2006,
HHH said…
You are silly and goofy but you make me laugh, thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home