There she goes!
This weekend the official crawl took place. It's like a light bulb came on. She'd been slowly working her way around the living room and then Saturday she takes off. She hasn't ventured out of the living room (at least for now) but she moves much faster. It won't be long before we're having to put up gates.
No changes on the mouth feeding. ECI stopped by today for a quick evaluation and our case manager was telling me it's common for babies to stop working on a skill if they're learning a new one. So, we're praying the reason PJ has stopped eating is because she's working on crawling. I know - I'm reaching but you never know.
Still no teeth. As much as Julia drools, she should have a full set. I should have bought her a spit cup for Christmas. All the material I've read regarding teething say average age for teeth to start coming in is 6-8 months. Well, Julia is 8 months (adjusted age) so where are her choppers?? It worries me a little that we haven't seen anything. I know that's absurd but hey, I'm the mom of a preemie! I worry about everything! Plus, I really should avoid the internet and The Learning Channel.
No changes on the mouth feeding. ECI stopped by today for a quick evaluation and our case manager was telling me it's common for babies to stop working on a skill if they're learning a new one. So, we're praying the reason PJ has stopped eating is because she's working on crawling. I know - I'm reaching but you never know.
Still no teeth. As much as Julia drools, she should have a full set. I should have bought her a spit cup for Christmas. All the material I've read regarding teething say average age for teeth to start coming in is 6-8 months. Well, Julia is 8 months (adjusted age) so where are her choppers?? It worries me a little that we haven't seen anything. I know that's absurd but hey, I'm the mom of a preemie! I worry about everything! Plus, I really should avoid the internet and The Learning Channel.
1 Comments:
At 4:28 PM, January 03, 2006,
Billie said…
Hi. I just found your blog. Came from Heath and Hallie's site. Just read this post and wanted to let you know that my 24 week preemie twins are 17 months old and have just 4 teeth each. Eden didn't get her first teeth until about a month ago! The she got 4 at once. Our pediatrician said the longest he ever saw a full term baby get a first tooth was 18 months! So you have a while before you need to worry. I know you will anyway!:)
Post a Comment
<< Home