Princess Julia

This is the story of Julia Elizabeth. She was born at 27 weeks 4 days gestation weighing 1lb 14oz.

Monday, May 01, 2006

March of Dimes walk

We did it! Participated AND survived the MOD walk. Who would have thought we would be able to complete the 44 mile course? It was 44 miles, right mom?? I was very surprised when my mom decided to run the last 10 miles. We didn't think the ol' woman had it in her. Ok, maybe 44 miles is a bit of an exaggeration. My mom running 10 miles - not in this life time. All kidding aside, we had a good time. Our t-shirts were a big hit (thanks Grammy and Aunt Elizabeth)! Lots of people stopped and asked us about Julia.



You're probably looking at this picture and thinking "Is....is she....is she licking the stroller???" Yep. I wish I had a logical explanation but I don't. She's just a goofball....like her dad.

For someone who just finished a 44 mile walk, we look fabulous, don't we?

5 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger hallegracesmama said…

    You are too funny! It DID seem longer than 7 miles, that's for sure!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger hallegracesmama said…

    I just noticed (as I was looking at PJ licking her stroller) that she crosses her ankles just like Halle. Too cute, isn't it?!

     
  • At 1:49 AM, May 03, 2006, Blogger SXYMMA said…

    Thank you for sharing your story about Katelyn on my blog. Your little girl is beautiful! I love to read stories about micropreemies that are growing up! I'll bookmark your page and follow Julia's story.

     
  • At 12:12 AM, May 05, 2006, Blogger liz.mccarthy said…

    Hi D, come join the new Yahoo Groups Preemie Blog Mom's group I just started:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreemieBlogMoms

     
  • At 1:52 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger liz.mccarthy said…

    I never knew that Julia had a twin sister, and Katelin is her name. My suriving twin Kaitlyn's twin sister is Corinne....I hope you can come join the new Yahoo group I set up for preemie blog moms.

    I'm so sorry for the loss of Katelin, I"m sure you think of her all the time, as I know I think of my Kaitlyn's sister.

    Liz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home