Princess Julia

This is the story of Julia Elizabeth. She was born at 27 weeks 4 days gestation weighing 1lb 14oz.

Monday, May 15, 2006

May 15th

Before someone starts complaining about no updates here are a few. When I have more time, I'll elaborate (if needed).

Tiny Tots appointment last Friday. All is well. Weight is 20lbs 6.5oz; length is a little over 28.5 inches, head circumference is 45 centimeters. On the preemie chart:

Weight is 75th percentile
Length is 30th percentile (I think)
Head circumference: 25th percentile

Julia's weight made it to the "big girl" growth chart. She barely plotted above zero but she made it!

We also had an appointment with the Ophthalmologist. Julia's vision is just fine. Doctor said she has a bit of farsightedness but it's common with babies her age (not just preemies). He said that unless someone noticed a change, he didn't need to see us again. I almost fainted. The Cody's dodged a preemie releated complication? Surely this can't be right.

Feedings: no changes. We've been attending Our Children's House therapy sessions but it's early in the game and the therapists are still working on getting Julia accustomed to them. The occupational therapist mentioned Julia having coordination issues (I'm not sure that's the right word). For example, when I put a sticky dot (dots people use in garage sales) on PJ's nose, she goes to grab it and misses. So, we're working on that. It cracks me up and I laugh everytime because she'll reach up to her face, poke herself and then look at her hand like "where is it??"

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger HHH said…

    well, im not the one that complained but im sure glad you finally updated! but, hello... i want pictures!!! Hopefully we will be able to see you guys before too long.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home