Princess Julia

This is the story of Julia Elizabeth. She was born at 27 weeks 4 days gestation weighing 1lb 14oz.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The latest and greatest

I don't have any big updates but some info is better than no info. We had our checkup yesterday and Julia weighs 22lbs 3.9oz and is 30.5" long. Her doctor was so pleased with her growth they said we could wait three months before we came in again (providing Julia doesn't get sick). Yeah! One less place to be.

It's time for baby gates. Lord, the kid is fast and creates such a mess along the way. Speedy had been in her room maybe five minutes and by the time I got there she'd pulled everything out of the drawers she could reach. Even though she causes a mess, I'm happy to see her walking. I was beginning to wonder why she hadn't made more of an attempt. She's well within the age range for walking but I couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong. I admit, there was absolutely no reason for me to think that. I'm completely paranoid. Sometimes without realizing it I flip back to the "Good GOD, can't we catch a break???" mode. I'm thankful Julia is on target for the term baby milestones but those seem so trivial in comparison to what our very first milestones were. In the beginning, some of her goals had nothing to do with age range. They were a matter of living or dying. It's amazing how far she has come.

Julia's new trick is to honk her nose and say "meep meep." She's still a pro at giving out kisses - especially when we're ready to put her in bed. She suddenly wants to kiss, kiss, kiss. Anything to divert our attention. We're suckers and fall for it every time. She has also developed a fascination with two things: Darrin's belly button and my tattoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home