Believe it or not - an update
Even though I haven't updated the blog in three months, nothing too exciting has happened. Although I'll regret mentioning it, we've made good process with eating. She's done well enough that we've taken away one of her pump (formula) feeds. The quantity of food she eats isn't enough to maintain her daily caloric requirements so the Nurse Practitioner gave us Duocal (powder we mix with foods to add calories) to help Julia gain weight. We're scheduled for a weight check on Friday and I praying she's gained. Her recent favorite foods are avocados (her favorite), Spaghettio's, Chunky chicken and dumpling soup, cheese, bread, mashed and sweet potatoes, and occasionally scrambled egg. On average, she'll drink an ounce of milk at each meal and sips on water throughout the day.
Julia's speech has really taken off. It seems like yesterday that she was babbling. Now she says things like "Daddy its raining come inside." When he comes in she tells him "Thank you daddy." We're working on potty training and not making progress. When I got home Darrin was changing a poop diaper and telling Julia that she must not be a big girl if she poops in her diaper. I walked over and said "Why do you keep going in your diapers?" Her response was "It's OK, daddy will wipe me clean." Tonight she told Darrin that her shoe came off and then told him not to worry. Where does that kid come up with stuff?
The Princess is definitely a daddies girl. No doubt about it. It doesn't matter what she's doing, she always wants Darrin right beside her. If she hurts herself, she'll run right past me crying for Darrin. She wants her daddy to cuddle with her; she wants her daddy to hold her; she wants her daddy to rescue her out of the time out corner. I'm sure it's a phase but it really does hurt my feelings. Darrin works from home so he gets to see her more but it makes me sad to think about all the things I'm missing out on.
Here are some pictures from the last few months. I have lots more but I need to sort through them. I promise to update more often.
The March of Dimes walk (thanks for going with me, mom)
The March of Dimes had a quilt this year. They provided the materials so we could honor our children and the squares were tied together looking like a patchwork quilt. Katelyn's square isn't anything fancy; I was a little teary-eyed so I wrote something before I started crying. I'm happy her square was next to Julia's.
Julia vs. the entertainment center
Baylor NICU reunion
Miss Mandy, Julia's weekend primary nurse
We had a great time at the NICU reunion. I enjoyed seeing everyone outside of a medical environment. Nurses, Tiny Tots crew, nutritionists and lots of other people we've gotten to know over the last couple of years. Thanks to everyone who helped organize the event. You did a great job.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home