Princess Julia

This is the story of Julia Elizabeth. She was born at 27 weeks 4 days gestation weighing 1lb 14oz.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Day 3

We checked into the inpatient facility on Tuesday. Horrible day for me. I cried....and cried....and cried. Woke up crying. Cried while getting dressed and driving to the facility. I was able to regain composure by the time we walked in but the second I had to say we were there for inpatient therapy, I burst into tears again. It was awful. Julia is a different story. Wasn't phased in the least. She looked worried about my crying but she had no problem talking to people and checking things out.

On Tuesday, I fed her lunch and dinner. Wednesday was the first time we left for the day while the therapists worked with her. I was worried that Julia would be upset, cry, and be bored. Not the case. There were a few tears in the morning but after that she was fine. When the kids aren't in therapy, there is plenty for them to do. Yesterday, Julia and her friend Ellie played "beauty shop."

So far, Julia is holding strong. Not cooperating at all. Tuesday she ate fairly well but yesterday was a stand-off. She ate ONE bite the entire day. She's also trying out her best distractions to avoid eating. She says "Hey, I love you. You're so pretty. I like your hair. Can we wait a minute before I take a bite? I'm parched." Nothing she says or does amazes me.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, January 11, 2008, Blogger Mountainmom said…

    I forget how I found your story some time back. So glad the first few days have been "easy" for at least one of you! Your lovely daughter's smiles reflect that she is well-loved, and I am sure you would go to any length to help her. She is already an amazing story! May God grant you strength each day to make it through this program.
    Lori in VA

     
  • At 8:48 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger Ms. Stembridge said…

    I found your blog via another preemie mom's blog. My daughter was born at 25 weeks, and we too, still have some issues. (We're lucky, though.) We've been to Our Children's House (not for inpatient, but for the nutritionist.) I've been pleased so far. I haven't had time to read many of your previous posts, but we'll be thinking about ya'll.
    Jessica (in TX)
    http://stembridgefamily.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:52 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger leighrn said…

    Hmmm....why does pj's behavior not surprise me? She works hard for her "princess" title. :)
    leigh from ttc

     
  • At 3:28 PM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Billie said…

    "I'm parched" ???? Okay, so that made me laugh out loud, but I can see how you might not find it so funny:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home