Thanks Bobbie (2008 recap)

+019.jpg)


I'm sure I no longer have any followers but Bobbie updated her blog so now I feel obligated :) I cannot say I'll keep it updated but I'll try.
Current stats: Weight: between 26.5 and 27.4 (depends on who's scale we use). Height: 37 1/2". Attitude: 100%
Hmmm, where to start?
Let's see. Obviously we finished the feeding program. It wasn't "all that" for us. The biggest thing we learned was being able to step back and compare how the therapist handles Julia during a feed vs. the way we do. It was an eye opening experience but I don't think it justified 4 weeks of inpatient treatment. The staff told us that one reason Julia wasn't as successful as other kiddos is because of her age. By age three, she's had plenty of time to develop bad habits. So, if anyone out there in blog-land is considering an inpatient program, my advice is to do it as early as you can.
June: we finally enrolled Julia in school. As expected, she was hysterical in the beginning but the teachers told us that for someone who'd never been in a daycare, she was doing well. She still doesn't like to be left in the morning but according to the teacher, she'll hold Julia for a few minutes and then she's good to go. School really has made a difference for her. And, I enrolled her in dance, a computer class, and Stretch and Grow (a exercise class).
July: Julia had been eating so well that we decided to quit using the button and see how she did.
November: We'd gone almost four years without RSV and sure enough it happened. You fellow preemie moms know the drill. Starts with something simple and goes down hill quickly. At first Julia had an ear infection. Round of antibiotics and all was good. Head congestion came next, followed by it moving into her chest. Back to the doctor and she put her on a pulse oximeter. She was in 90-93 range but with a breathing treatment, she was fine and we went home. That night it went to hell. The dry wheezing coughing, can't catch her breath, etc. After an entire night of breathing treatments and crying, we took her to the ER at 5a. Sure enough, she had RSV and we stayed in the hospital for five days. During that time, she lost three pounds. Like she had three pounds to spare.
January: Two big events. First, we took the Mic-key button out. We hadn't used it in six months so we felt there was no need to keep it in. Second, we moved Julia to pre-K. She seems to like it. I worried about the kids being so much bigger than her but I'll have to get over that because I'm sure that will be the case for a long time.
That's 2008 in a nutshell.
1 Comments:
At 9:28 PM, February 17, 2009,
HHH said…
she is getting so big...we need to get together SOON!
Post a Comment
<< Home